Call for Proposals: Small & Medium Organizations for Impact & Innovation
Dear SCIC Members & partners,
We are delighted to share that Global Affairs Canada has just launched a call for proposals – 2017 Call for Preliminary Proposals – Development Impact Window – Canadian Small and Medium Organizations (SMO) for Impact and Innovation.
This is part of the $100M SMO Fund that Minister Bibeau announced on May 9, 2017. This is the first and largest component of the fund. There will also be an Innovation Fund and a Capacity Building component with details to be announced at a later date.
Through this call, the Government of Canada acknowledges the important role Small and Medium Sized Organizations play in the achievement of Canada’s Feminist International Development Aid Policy. This call is, in part, a result of a multi-year advocacy campaign by the Inter-Council Network of Provincial and Regional Councils, to ensure the Government of Canada values the strength and diversity of SMOs rooted in communities across Canada from coast to coast to coast.
Deadline for submitting a preliminary proposal for this call: December 21, 2017 before 12 p.m. (noon) Eastern Standard Time.
Global Affairs is defining SMO as:
- You are providing an attestation signed by your organization’s financial director or president indicating that your organization is a Canadian small or medium organization according to the following definition for this call for preliminary proposals:
- The consolidated revenue in your organization’s financial statements is equal to or less than $10 million (this limitation does not apply to educational institutions) and;
- Your organization does not have annual overseas expenditures exceeding $2 million in development assistance (i.e. projects administered with the promotion of the economic development and welfare of developing countries as their main objective (regardless of the funding source)).
- If your organization is submitting a proposal on behalf of a group of organizations, each organization must be a Canadian SMO as per the definition above for this call and must provide the requisite Canadian Small or Medium Organization Attestation. You must scan the attestations together into one single document and submit it as part of the application package.
- Your organization is legally incorporated in Canada, and can provide proof of legal status (e.g., a letter of incorporation) and a Canada Revenue Agency business number.
We will send another email once we have had a chance to review this information and if we receive more information from Global Affairs Canada.