Saskatchewan People —
Making a World of Difference
The Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation (SCIC) is an umbrella organization that represents a diverse range of international development organizations. Global Poverty is a major global issue to Saskatchewan people, and SCIC is proud of the work our member agencies do to make the world more just.
SCIC undertakes development education and public engagement programming around international issues with funding from Global Affairs Canada, and our members and donors. Examples of how SCIC engages Saskatchewan people on global justice issues include:
- The Global Citizenship Education Program for teachers and youth;
- Public engagement and information events and campaigns;
- Ongoing promotion and capacity building for our members’ international cooperation and development programs;
- Publications and communications including newsletters, blogs, social media;
- Working with other organizations, government, and citizens to build momentum for a more just and sustainable world.