The Inter-Council Network (ICN) is a dynamic network of provincial and regional member-based Councils for International Cooperation committed to social justice and social change. Rooted in communities across Canada, we are leaders in public engagement at a local and regional level, and are recognized for bringing regional knowledge and priorities to the national level.
Collectively, the Councils support and represent hundreds of diverse organizations across the country. A key strength of the ICN is its ability to bring these sectors of civil society together and to link up otherwise small and isolated groups, allowing regional voices to be heard at a national table.
Research and Resources
SCIC often collaborates with other members of the Inter-Council Network on research projects in order to support the work of our members across the country. Check out Reports & Research for our most recent research.
Global Hive: Tools for Engaging Global Citizens
The result of a three-year research program, the Global Hive online toolkit is an interactive website that combines practical tools, case studies, and best practices on how to engage Canadians in order to inspire global citizenship. Check it out!
The Inter-Council Network aims to:
- Increase the capacity of the ICN by helping members share relevant expertise, experiences, challenges and successes, and by creating opportunities to learn from and utilize this sharing, with potential for inter-council partnerships.
- Bring the Councils’ regional voices to national policy foray, with a view to collecting and analyzing information and developing policy positions.
- Implement projects on a national scale, expanding collaboration. Examples of major projects include the Kaleidoscope Real World Video Challenge, and the Global Hive Toolkit, which both support public engagement across Canada.
Along with SCIC, the other members of the ICN are:
- British Columbia Council for International Cooperation (BCCIC)
- Northern Council for Global Cooperation (NCGC)
- Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC)
- Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC)
- Ontario Council for International Cooperation (OCIC)
- Association québécoise des organismes de coopération internationale (AQOCI)
- Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC)