SCIC’s goal is to provide the ongoing knowledge, resources, and networks which will support teachers in their personal learning and teaching of Global Citizenship Education (GCE). We want to create safe spaces to discuss these issues and maintain a dialogue that normalizes the work towards social justice in our school divisions and classrooms.
GCE Institutes & Workshops
Join the Facebook Group!
The Sask Educators for Global Citizenship Facebook Group is a place for Saskatchewan educators to share resources, knowledge, and tools about Global Citizenship Education. By hosting a space to share resources and opportunities to engage with global justice issues and global citizenship education (GCE) theories, lessons, and activities we hope to support a thriving community of GCE practitioners across the province.
Resource Displays at Teacher Conventions
Look for us at your annual teachers’ convention!
SCIC often attends teacher conventions to meet with educators, provide information on our programs and free resources, and whenever possible facilitate sessions on topics related to Global Citizenship Education. Watch for us at the following conventions:
- SASKATOON: AWASIS Aboriginal Education Conference – April 27-28, 2017
- SWIFT CURRENT: Chinook Teacher Convention – Oct. 16, 2017
- SASKATOON: SAFE Social Justice and Anti-racist Anti-oppressive Forum on Education – Oct. 2017 (dates TBD)
- SASKATOON: Saskatchewan Middle Years Association – Nov. 2-3, 2017
- SASKATOON Saskatoon Public Schools Teacher Convention – Nov. 2017 (dates TBD)
- REGINA: Regina Public & Catholic Schools Teacher Convention – Mar. 2018 (dates TBD)